The following is a list of house rules put together over the course of time addressing some issues at Pata Negra.
1. Pata Negra seats 25 patrons. Your cooperation and flexibility is asked in advance if tables must be shared or your party needs to be moved to another table. Be fair and understanding. You will be rewarded with courtesy and maybe even a free refill.
2. During peak hours (especially on Fridays and Saturdays) please limit your time for dinner to two hours. Due to NYC rents and real estate increases, we would love for you to keep the table for as long as you would like. This is simply not economically feasible. While we will not rush you if you are still enjoying your meal, please do not abuse this privilege by ordering three tapas and two glasses of sangria and expecting to keep the table for two hours. Again, be considerate and reasonable during peak hours and times. There are plenty of other off peak times when we have allowed patrons stay past the two hour limit.
3. If you would really like to book a table for reservation, please e-mail. We will do our best to grant your time requested, but understand that we cannot grant an 8:30 pm slot to everyone who requests it. Tip: after 9:00 pm, call in to see what is available.
4. We take your phone number for confirmation purposes only. If you know in advance that you cannot make it, just send a text. It really makes a difference.
5. Patrons have a fifteen minute window during peak times to be late for a reservation. If you know you will be late, just call ahead.
6. We strive to give the best service possible within the context that Pata Negra is a Spanish wine/tapas bar. Pata Negra service is designed to be casual yet attentive with knowledge of the menu and wines. A 20% gratuity may be added to parties of six or more people. If you have a problem with a staff member or house policy or quality of food, please understand that the servers earn their livelihood through tips, which is part of the social contract. A minimum of 15% is expected as part of the social contract.
7. You must be 21 or older to be served. If you appear inebriated, you will not be served.
8. We encourage hearing your feedback, both positive and negative if it is constructive and factual. We reserve the right to respond to false, negative, or inappropriate reviews with protective voracity. Keep in mind that this business is the livelihood of several people. In the words of a great food and wine critic, “If I don’t like something, I just don’t write about it.” That does not mean not to be critical. It just means being constructive and objective.
9. We strive to make your experience memorable and hope that you can enjoy a slice of Spain during your time spent at Pata Negra. For the 99% of our customers who get it, we thank you for your continuing patronage. For the remaining 1%, oh well…..